The Decibel ScorePlayer is an ipad application that enables network-synchronised scrolling of proportional colour music scores on multiple tablet computers. This is designed to facilitate the reading of scores featuring predominantly graphic notation in rehearsal and performance, and can be used in the creation of new works, as well as the interpretation of existing works.
You can download our ScoreCreator desktop application to make your own file to put into the player [Currently only for iOS Lion or later]. Instructions on how to upload a new score to the ScorePlayer are here.
Here is an introducton to the player, with a performance of one of the works at TEDx in Perth.
The current key features include;
Key Features in V1.0
- Three scores built in, created by composers in the Decibel new music ensemble, Cat Hope and Lindsay Vickery.
- Ability to change speed of the piece.
- Easy to use slider to move to different parts of the piece for reahearsal purposes.
- View full score or individual parts.
- Uses tablets own network capabilities for easy Wi Fi connection – no internet needed.
- Easy network check to see who is on the network
- Modular structure enables easy updates, with recent updates to include more scores, upload facilities, audio output and OSC communication.
Here is a closer look at how it works.Android coming soon.